Nikon Introduces New PROSTAFF 7 Binoculars
June 1, 2011
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to present two new PROSTAFF 7 models, the 8x42 and 10x42. With fully multilayer-coated lenses and prisms, including phase-correction-coated roof prisms and high-reflection mirror coating prisms, the PROSTAFF 7 binoculars series offers a brighter image and higher resolution. The rubber armoring provides durability and a nonslip grip for comfortable holding.
Positioned between the Monarch and the Sporter EX series, these first PROSTAFF 7 series models deliver higher optical performance at an attractive price.
- All lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated to achieve brighter images.
- Phase-correction-coated roof prisms deliver high resolution.
- High-reflection mirror-coating prisms enhance image brightness.
- High-eyepoint design provides a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers.
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint.
- Waterproof up to 1 m/3.3 ft for 10 minutes and fog-free with nitrogen gas
- Rubber armoring for shock resistance and a firm, comfortable grip
- Eco-glass optics that are free of lead and arsenic are employed for all lenses and prisms
Nikon PROSTAFF 7 Binoculars Specifications
|PROSTAFF 7 8x42||PROSTAFF 7 10x42|
|Objective diameter||42 mm||42 mm|
|Angular field of view (real)||6.3°||6.0°|
|Angular field of view (apparent)*||47.5°||55.3°|
|Field of view at 1,000 m||110 m||105 m|
|Exit pupil||5.3 mm||4.2 mm|
|Eye relief||19.3 mm||15.4 mm|
|Close focusing distance||4.0 m||4.0 m|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment||56-72 mm||56-72 mm|
|Length||175 mm||172 mm|
|Width||129 mm||129 mm|
|Weight||665 g||665 g|
- *Nikon has adopted a calculation method based on ISO 14132-1:2002.
tan ω' = Γ x tan ω
Apparent field of view: 2ω'
Real field of view: 2ω
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.