Notice Concerning the Decision on Acquisition of Own Shares
May 12, 2008
(Acquisition of Own Shares Based on the Articles of Incorporation pursuant to paragraph 2, Article 165, of the Corporation Law of Japan)
NIKON CORPORATION hereby announces, with respect to the Acquisition of Own Shares resolved at the meeting of its Board of Directors on May 12, 2008, to acquire its own shares under Article 156, as applied pursuant to paragraph 3, Article 165, of the Corporation Law, as follows.
1. Reason for acquisition of own shares
The Company decided to acquire its own shares with the aim of shareholders benefit, improving capital efficiency and ensuring a flexible capital policy.
2. Details of acquisition
- 1.Type of shares to be acquired: Common stock
- 2.Total number of shares to be acquired: Up to 4.0 million shares
(Equivalent to 1.0% of outstanding shares (excluding treasury stock))
- 3.Total cost of acquisition: Up to 12 billion yen
- 4.Period of acquisition: From May 13, 2008 to June 30, 2008
Possession of treasury stock as of March 31, 2008
Number of outstanding shares (Excluding treasury stock) 399,393,163 shares Number of treasury stock 708,305 shares
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.